STRIVE toward your goals; STRIVE toward college!
We know our students will succeed at every stage because they will embody and exhibit Forte Prep’s STRIVE values wherever they go:
- Be in Service of your community. Seek out opportunities to help one another whenever possible without expecting something in return.
- We are a Team. Look out for one another, lend a helping hand, and do your part to ensure the safety and productivity of the community.
- Be Resilient. Persist despite obstacles, and work towards achieving goals with optimism and enthusiasm.
- Exhibit Integrity. Perform, every day, as if under the spotlight, acting with honesty and responsibility.
- Use your Voice with respect and purpose at all times. Value the diversity of background of your school community, and stand united in the belief that our strength lies in our ability to have all voices of our community strengthened, refined, and most importantly, heard.
- Seek Excellence. Pursue mastery across the curriculum and in every school activity. Come to school ready to give your very best!
Many of our core values and the overall ethos of the school are rooted in the term Ubuntu, a South African ideal defined by Bishop Desmond Tutu as a term that “speaks of the very essence of being human. [If you have Ubuntu]… then you are generous, you are hospitable, you are friendly and caring and compassionate. You share what you have. It is to say, ‘My humanity is caught up, is inextricably bound up, in yours.’ We belong in a bundle of life. We say, ‘A person is a person through other persons.’ [...] A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed, or treated as if they were less than who they are.”
Through Ubuntu, we understand that an individual can only be excellent when everyone is truly excellent. We have a profound opportunity in our incredibly diverse region to maximize the leadership potential of a distinctive student population, and by empowering them to develop, celebrate, and embody these core principles in a diverse school environment, we will prepare them for a life of leadership.